In today's world, it's vital for businesses to enable remote work for their teams but, for many, simply buying additional hardware outside of a desktop PC isn't possible.
That's where a Windows Virtual Desktop can help.
It may sound complicated, setting up a Windows Virtual Desktop in Azure can enable your employees to continue working, as if on their office desktop, on any device. Removing the need for additional business hardware, a Windows Virtual Desktop empowers you to provide a secure, productive experience in a changing world.
Below are five key benefits Windows Virtual Desktop can bring to your business.
1. Enable secure and productive remote work on any device
- Windows Virtual Desktop provides full Windows 10 and Windows Server desktop and application virtualization on any personal device, from any internet-connected location.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise and Microsoft Teams helps end users be productive with the desktop experience they expect.
2. Reduce costs of licensing and infrastructure
- Use eligible Windows or Microsoft 365 licenses to access Windows Virtual Desktop and pay only for what you use.
- Maximize use of your virtual machines through the exclusive Windows 10 multi-session capability, which enables multiple concurrent users.
3. Protect against outages to stay productive
- Help keep your team running during outages by leveraging built-in Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup technologies.
- Mitigate downtime and prepare for planned maintenance with personalised alerts and guidance through Azure Service Health.
4. Simplify IT management
- Windows Virtual Desktop manages the virtual desktop infrastructure for you, so you can focus on users, apps, and OS images instead of hardware inventory and maintenance.
- Quickly and securely get your users up and running with limitless scale and full automation that you control base on your business needs.
5. Keep application and user data secure
- Easily apply the right access controls to users and devices with Azure Active Directory Conditional Access.
- Reduce vulnerabilities and help keep your virtual desktops secure by leveraging reverse connections and security solutions like Azure Firewall, Azure Sentinel, and Azure Security Center.
Protecting customers is a top priority, with a layered approach to the security of their users, applications, data and devices.Read More
How can you maintain a sense of team spirit as they work remotely? Discover how with these latest updates from Microsoft Teams.Read More