In today's world, it's vital for businesses to enable remote work for their teams but, for many, simply buying additional hardware outside of a desktop PC isn't possible.
That's where a Windows Virtual Desktop can help.
It may sound complicated, setting up a Windows Virtual Desktop in Azure can enable your employees to continue working, as if on their office desktop, on any device. Removing the need for additional business hardware, a Windows Virtual Desktop empowers you to provide a secure, productive experience in a changing world.
Below are five key benefits Windows Virtual Desktop can bring to your business.
1. Enable secure and productive remote work on any device
- Windows Virtual Desktop provides full Windows 10 and Windows Server desktop and application virtualization on any personal device, from any internet-connected location.
- Seamless integration with Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise and Microsoft Teams helps end users be productive with the desktop experience they expect.
2. Reduce costs of licensing and infrastructure
- Use eligible Windows or Microsoft 365 licenses to access Windows Virtual Desktop and pay only for what you use.
- Maximize use of your virtual machines through the exclusive Windows 10 multi-session capability, which enables multiple concurrent users.
3. Protect against outages to stay productive
- Help keep your team running during outages by leveraging built-in Azure Site Recovery and Azure Backup technologies.
- Mitigate downtime and prepare for planned maintenance with personalised alerts and guidance through Azure Service Health.
4. Simplify IT management
- Windows Virtual Desktop manages the virtual desktop infrastructure for you, so you can focus on users, apps, and OS images instead of hardware inventory and maintenance.
- Quickly and securely get your users up and running with limitless scale and full automation that you control base on your business needs.
5. Keep application and user data secure
- Easily apply the right access controls to users and devices with Azure Active Directory Conditional Access.
- Reduce vulnerabilities and help keep your virtual desktops secure by leveraging reverse connections and security solutions like Azure Firewall, Azure Sentinel, and Azure Security Center.
I’m excited to announce that I’ve become a mentor for The Channel Community.Read More
Cloud won’t protect from a badly architected solution! In this article I'm focusing on Disaster Recovery.Read More