Microsoft’s Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is a cloud-based directory and identity management service.
Azure AD incorporates comprehensive identity management capabilities which include multi-factor authentication, device registration, self-service password management, auditing, security monitoring and alerting.
Cost-effective and easy to use, Azure AD helps businesses streamline processing, and improve productivity and security, while single sign-on (SSO) gives employees and business partners access to thousands of cloud applications – such as Office 365, Salesforce, and DropBox.
How Azure AD could benefit your business
1. Single sign-on for multiple applications – makes it easier and faster to onboard new employees, terminate access for leavers, and implement access to new cloud services, so users are up and running more quickly. Single sign-on also encourages compliance with identity and security protocols.
2. Integration with an existing Windows Server Active Directory – means organizations can leverage an on-premises identity provision to manage access to cloud features. Single sign-on also applies to the on-premises Active Directory, creating a seamless working environment for users, regardless of whether they’re working in the office or remotely.
3. Pre-integration with favourite cloud services – such as Salesforce, Office 365, corporate social media, for example, results in easier onboarding of new products.
4. Azure AD multifactor authentication and conditional access – creates improved application security, with full management control.
5. Multiple platform functionality – Azure Active Directory works with multiple platforms and devices, to aid productivity and real-time communication.
6. Azure AD works with more than just Microsoft software – knowing that Azure AD supports other operating systems and virtual tools, businesses can adopt services and solutions to meet all business requirements.
7. Azure AD reduces risk – automated responses to unusual user behavior and 'just in time' administrative access to Microsoft services mean organisations can feel confident that resources are safe.
8. Global availability – running from 28 data centres around the world, Azure AD is available wherever you are, with Microsoft handling availability and service.
9. Comprehensive reporting – enables businesses to monitor application usage, and enhance security, protecting from advanced threats.
10. Free test run and multi-pricing plans - you can test drive Azure Active Directory for free to get a complete feel for everything the solution has to offer, and see for yourself the ease with which it simplifies your business in every area – and Azure AD comes in various pricing plans to fit budget and business need.
Azure Active Directory empowers employees through providing access to the business world’s leading cloud applications and services – on the device they choose, from wherever, whenever they need.
And you might be interested to know that if you’re a current Office 365, Azure or Dynamics CRM Online customer, you’re already using Azure AD – and can use this tenant to manage access to any of the other cloud services with which Azure AD integrates.