As we head towards the end of the year, a quick backwards glance at developments highlight that the end of the on-premise server era is upon us. The cloud has made on-premise infrastructure redundant and delivers numerous benefits which will help grow businesses and bottom-lines.
To help Gulf businesses migrate to the cloud, Cobweb has created the two-series CobwebComplete ApplicationHosting service based on the Microsoft Azure cloud computing service. This is specifically for building, testing, deploying and managing applications and services through Microsoft’s global network of managed data-centers.
Here’s a snap-shot of the benefits of migrating off-premise to the cloud which in essence boil down to saving time, money and resources.
- You can subscribe to a monthly service to help you better budget hosting costs
- By migrating to the cloud, you no longer need to worry about server life-cycles coming to an end and you'll be kept abreast of technological developments because cloud services are constantly updated
- You can save on physical server, maintenance and upgrade costs as well as Internet bandwidth charges: Azure’s elastic bandwidth means your cloud-serving capability will automatically scale up when you need it and you only pay for the vital stretch period though specific configuration is required to achieve auto scale
- You’ll save on utility bills because you won’t need electricity to run or cool your server
- And you’ll be playing your part in saving the planet by reducing your carbon footprint through power savings
- We’ve estimated the cost savings you could accrue through migration and in just over a year with Microsoft Azure you could save US $3,334 based on the Azure TCO calculator
- What’s more migration is hassle-free as Cobweb Solutions will handle the entire migration and supply 24/7 back-up support
Even better news for 2019 is the fact that Microsoft is to launch two data-centers in the UAE providing users with data-sovereignty and much improved latency.
So here's to a whole new year of opportunities — on the cloud!
Cloud won’t protect from a badly architected solution! In this article I'm focusing on Disaster Recovery.Read More
How can UK businesses benefit from a cloud-first approach? Discover what our MD, Michael, has to say...Read More
10,000s of businesses with Exchange on-prem affected. Is now the time to consider Exchange Online?Read More