Launched in two strands – Business and Enterprise – while Enterprise was released for general availability, Business was available only on a public preview basis. But, Microsoft has now announced that Business edition is for general availability.Created to meet the demands of an evolving work environment, Microsoft 365 brings together Office 365, Windows 10 and EM+S (Enterprise Mobility + Security), incorporating productivity and collaboration, device management and security tools.
Business edition has been developed for SMEs (businesses and organisations of up to 300 users), to meet the need to enhance productivity and security, while simplifying IT management. As such, Microsoft 365:
- Embodies Office 365 apps, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, along with Outlook for email, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams – plus, newly introduced into Business edition, StaffHub, the feature developed to support front-line workers in the management of their working day.
- Enhances protection for business data, amplifying security across users, apps, and devices, while ensuring PCs are up to date and secure; helps prevent security vulnerabilities (43 percent of all cyber-attacks last year targeted companies with fewer than 100 employees); provides the ability to remove company data from lost or stolen devices.
- Offers simple setup and management. With a main objective defining the original solution design that of the need to reduce the complexity and cost of managing technology (and that could often prove prohibitive to companies – particularly SMEs), Microsoft 365 offers a single console, enabling businesses to:
- Set up new employees quickly and easily.
- Configure device security policies.
- Manage user identity and access.
- Ensure all users are on the most up-to-date versions of Windows 10 and Office.
Plus, with a single per-user, per-month subscription, costs are simplified and streamlined.
Cobweb has seen the interest in Microsoft 365 grow while in public preview, among businesses and organisations across industry.
iSalon was one of Cobweb’s customers to preview Microsoft 365, with IT Manager, Ryan Taylor, reporting, “Essentially Microsoft 365 has given the company one integrated solution and a clear roadmap to migrate our IT to the cloud in a secure, compliant and managed way.
“Microsoft 365 gives the IT department the necessary tools to empower users to connect with any device, anytime, from virtually anywhere in the world, in a secure manner.”
Emma Jobling, Cobweb Senior Business Development Manager, says, “Previously, SMBs have felt that these productivity and collaboration features plus the enhanced security, to be out of their reach, open only to the enterprise organisations.
“But, Microsoft 365 gives SMEs – regardless of their size – the opportunity to experience all of the benefits the suite offers, at the right price point, with the right level of support.”
If you’d like more information about Microsoft 365, download a copy of our eBook, Microsoft 365 - The Opportunity for your Business.
Enabling our customers to benefit to maximum advantage from the features and functionality of Microsoft 365, supported by the expert...Read More
Struggling to know what the next steps are for Windows 7 or Office 2010 upcoming end of support? This infographic will help.Read More