It’s now less than a year to go before Extended Support for SharePoint Server 2010 ends. The cut off will be on 13 October 2020. So, as we head into the new year, it’s time to plan an upgrade or migration to the latest version of SharePoint. If your server plans are on-premise, in the cloud through Office 365, or a hybrid of both, these changes affect you.
What does end of support mean for you?
- No more security updates – which puts your business at risk
- No more fixes – if something goes wrong, it cannot be fixed
- Lack of compliance with various standards and regulations including Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards putting your business operations at risk
- Additional costs to you may arise from adding/ upgrading your intrusion detection, firewall advancements, maintaining hardware and security measures
More on offer
The latest versions of SharePoint, both on-premises and in the cloud through Office 365, have even more to offer. Thanks to advancements in both on-premises and hybrid cloud capabilities, SharePoint Server 2019 provides:
- Best in class IT and developer experiences
- New user experiences
- Ability to migrate data directly from SharePoint Server 2010 to 2013 or to SharePoint Online.
How can you migrate?
If you want to maximize your on-premises server investment you should strongly consider migrating to SharePoint Server 2019 as SharePoint Server 2013 is already well into its own 10-year lifecycle.
If your business requirements will keep you on-premises for the foreseeable future, SharePoint Server 2016 and SharePoint Server 2019 are great opportunities to modernise your infrastructure and take advantage of the latest in content collaboration and portal technologies.
Migrate to Office 365
This cloud-based subscription service provides an integrated solution so everyone can collaborate more effectively with team chat, online meetings, co-authoring and sharing files securely on SharePoint, group email and a social network for work. Microsoft will take security and compliance to the next level with built-in privacy, transparency, and refined user controls.
Office 365 will also empower your teams to stay connected and productive anywhere. You can view and edit documents on the go with Office 365 mobile apps and securely view, co-author, and share files in the cloud. Access content, conversations, tasks, and schedules from any device.
Get your shared workspace organised with these tips for first-time Microsoft Teams usersRead More