Today’s workplace is dynamic and flexible with a mobile workforce capable of optimising productivity remotely. The worldwide lockdown to combat COVID-19 has pushed many organisations into the remote workplace with many turning to Microsoft Teams – the unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage, and application integration.
Those forced into the remote, work-from-home era have been persuaded of Teams many benefits and that working remotely has more advantages than disadvantages, not least the ability to create fresh opportunities for productivity and innovation. The remote workplace is now set to be part of the post-COVID new normal.
Here are great new remote working benefits that can give your business a sharper competitive edge:
Say goodbye to wasteful meetings, those that aren’t necessary, engaging, or just downright inefficient. These take up valuable time which could be spent more productively. Now you can work with more people involved in meetings event those who aren’t in the same building or country!
With Microsoft Teams you can:
- Record meetings so those that couldn’t dial in can easily catch up on the discussion later.
- Get automatic transcription and translation.
- Replay the meeting and search for terms so listeners can go straight to the issues relevant to them
- Allow people to dial in by phone or dial them in if they don’t have Teams on their device or are having Internet access difficulties.
- Easily share content, including links, via the integrated chat, and save the chat for later reference.
- Brainstorm with the digital whiteboard so everyone can progress innovation.
Once meetings are finished, everyone needs to follow through the work plan from wherever they are, staying in touch with one another to avoid duplication and ensure all are on the same page.
With Microsoft Teams you can:
- Create a shared virtual workspace where you can chat, meet, share files, and work with business apps. It’s easy to open files and work on them together in real-time.
- Set up virtual task lists
- Track progress
- Use video to stay in touch with anyone inside or outside your organisation, from one-to-one catch-ups or meetings of up to 10,000.
Halt email overload
Not only will this save staff considerable time, but it will also reduce the risk of cybercrime exposure. IT security experts of Mimecast reveals email is still the most popular cyber-attack vector with 66% of respondents in the UAE predicting web or email spoofing will sustain or grow in the coming year. Teams’ chat-based collaboration tool can put a stop to inbox overload and provide advantages over email.
With Microsoft Teams chat you can:
- Pull together communication around specific topics
- Maintain history and context around a project.
- Ensure full team accessibility to relevant documents
- Open files and work on them with teammates in real-time.
To find out more about how you can adapt and thrive in the remote working era with Microsoft Teams, call us on +971-4-427-2420 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org.